2 Day Weekend Workshop on Nonviolent Communication and Mindfulness at Bugbee Senior Center, White River Junction – November 4 and 5 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Practiced in over 65 countries around the world, Nonviolent Communication, or NVC, is a compassionate approach to communication and conflict resolution that has improved and transformed hundreds of thousands of lives. See more at www.cnvc.org
At this workshop you will learn to:
- Improve your relationships through authentic communication
- Develop the skills and confidence to remove conflict as it arises
- Transform frustration, hurt and anger into mutual understanding
- Live a Life with Deeper and More Meaningful relationships
Peggy Smith, a certified NVC Trainer and Dharma teacher will led this two day workshop. Based in Maine, Peggy is a former teacher of 32 years and brings her extensive teaching skills and humor to the NVC programs she leads.
Cost for the two day workshop is $175 and is limited to 40 attendees. Scholarships are available. You can get to a registration link here. For information on accommodations with a community member contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Showing of “Walk With Me” at Loew Auditorium – November 11 at 5:00 PM
This recently released movie featuring an inside look at monastic life in Plum Village will be shown at Loew Auditorium at the Black Visual Arts Center in Hanover, NH as a “Wild Card” feature this Fall at Dartmouth College. The showing will be followed by a Q and A session with a former monastic who practiced in the Plum Village tradition and a Dharma teacher in that tradition.
Events at Morning Sun Community**See www.morningsuncommunity.org for more information. Note that some events require pre-registration.
- Every Sunday, 10 AM to 2:00 PM. Some Sundays are parts of retreats, but are open to anyone who wishes to attend. One does not have to attend the retreat to attend the Sunday Day of Mindfulness.
** Morning Sun Community is a mindfulness center and residential community located on 240 beautiful acres in Alstead, NH. It was founded by Fern Dorrestyn and Michael Ciborski among others. Fern and Michael are former Plum Village monastics, now married with 3 children. There are other permanent residents at Morning Sun and also long and short term visitors.
Events at Blue Cliff Monastery***
- See www.bluecliffmonastery.org for details on events scheduled at this monastery, which is the northeast home to monastics in the Plum Village tradition. The monastery is generally open to the public two days a week for Days of Mindfulness, and for long and short personal retreats. They also offer long retreats on various themes throughout the year.
HOLD THE DATE:
2018 New England Fall Retreat, October 25-29
Our sangha will be hosting a new England Fall Retreat at the Hulbert Outdoor Center in Thetford VT with Dharma teachers Richard Brady, Michael Ciborski, and Fern Dorrenstyn. Details will be forthcoming on this web page early next year.